Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lions, tigers and bears oh my...

Cole has been asking to go to the ZOO for days now. He wanted to go see the LIONs and TIGERs!
We tried to tell him there were even more animals there, but all he wanted was to see the LIONs and TIGERs!

So Monday we went to the Phoenix Zoo. Oma was our only taker (happy to have her) for our zoo adventure.
Cole hates having his picture taken, so we didn't get many pictures.
Oma was a lot of help. Unfortunately for us it was a HOT day 85 degrees I think (that is hot for February). We managed to survive. Cole kept us moving quickly from one animal to another. We of course had to make several trips to see the LIONs and TIGERs (they were always sleeping those lazy creatures!).
Oh yeah, Cole loved watching the fish and ducks swim in the outdoor aquarium. He called them SHARKS!
Had a great time...thanks Oma for coming with us.
Oh yeah, Cole was out within minutes of our drive home. Oma and I treated ourselves to SONIC to cool us off of course!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I am glad you guys had fun! Wish we could've made it.

Allyson said...

Yes, 85 is way too hot, especially for Feb. JUST RIDICULOUS!

Glad you enjoyed the zoo. I think those tigers and lions are always lazy. I have heard that the Tucson zoo is better because the enclosers are smaller and are seperated by glass so you can see the animals closely.
Also, if he likes lions and tigers, the Out of Africa park, just outside of the valley is awesome. We went many years ago when it was out by Fountain Hills. It is cool. I held a 30ft snake, thanks to Justin who volunteered me--yikes. but they even do tiger shows. Pretty cool!

Patrice said...

Man, we have a zoo pass and no way to use it. Maybe during spring break it won't be too hot yet. It does look like lots of fun!

Kassi Jane said...

fun! i love the Zoo!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

Wish I could of come!

Larissa said...

Glad you had fun!

Rydgd said...

OH, I miss the phx zoo...it was always such a great work out...up the hills, down the hills, sweating, sweating, sweating! I'm sure the Houston zoo will have sweating, too. :) Glad you had fun!