Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Roper Howard get's baptized

Saturday Lindsey, Cole and I went to Clay Springs, Arizona to see my sweet cousin Lana Howard (my dad's brother Mike's daughter) son Roper get baptized. Charlie got to baptism him too! I am so proud of him. He is such a cute kid with a strong love for the gospel. I have to share a sweet experience that happened at his baptism.


I guess they have been trying really hard to get active and haven't missed a Sunday in 6 months. Well they only have ONE set of scriptures. Lana says that every Sunday Roper wants to take that set with him to primary. She tells him that she and Charlie need them for their class and that his paper back Book of Mormon will have to do for now. Well for his baptism they got him his very on hardbound scriptures with his name engraved on them and everything. Well their really good friend was giving the Holy Ghost talk and asked Roper to come up by him. He showed Roper his scriptures and Roper just started crying. He buried his head in this man's jacket and cried. It was the sweetest thing. Therefore, it touch all of us and the tears began to flow. The spirit was there and it was a wonderful experience. He is such a good little missionary with such a big heart. Later Lindsey said to me, "Mom how many 8 year old little boys do you know of that would cry because they got scriptures?" I said, "NONE!" We both agreed that Roper is a good kid with a sweet spirit! I am sure Grandma Larsen was watching with tears flowing of happiness!

Uncle Mike and Aunt Joyce. Uncle Mike looked so nice and Aunt Joyce gave an awesome baptism talk! She is super close to Lana and Charlie!


What a sweet family: Roper, Rowdy, Charlie and Lana.

What a good lookin' bunch! Kassi and Makell (Lana's little sister and her daughter) were there too!

Cole and Lindsey ( Cole throw up 30 minutes into the drive there - I was hoping we would make it!)

Cole loves Lindsey! She is a great helper!


Afterwards we went to Charlie's aunt and uncles for a luncheon. They have this stuffed mountain lion. I was scared and I knew it was dead!

We had a great time sharing this wonderful day with Roper and his family. It was good to see Shar, her cute kids, Uncle Scott, Aunt Joyce, Uncle Mike, Kassi and Makell and all of Lana's family. The weather was gorgeous all the kids wanted to do was run around outside and see all the animals (chickens, dogs, duck, horses, cats)! Thanks for a fun day! Roper we love you and are proud of you!

10 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh I am so glad that you went. Sounds like a super douper time!

What a great little guy Roper is. I agree with you guys, I don't know anyone that would cry over getting scriptures, let a lone an eight year old little boy! I am so glad that the Gospel has truly touched his life.

Thanks for sharing this!

jen said...

How fun to get to be there! What a sweet boy. I am so happy for their family.

Lisa said...

What a special day! Roper sure sounds like a sweet boy! I am glad you got to go, I wish I could've gone with you!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing all this. I'm sorry we didn't make it. What a sweet experience

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

How neat! What a special little spirit he is! I think you are right about Grandma being so happy!

Wendy said...

That is an amazing story! Thanks for sharing it. I am sorry Cole got sick on the way but I am glad you got to go.

linda crandall said...

Ok, I'm cryin just reading this!

I miss out on all the great family events. It sounds like a wonderful baptism. I agree..Grandma Larsen was no doubt beaming with joy!

Larissa said...

We have such neat relatives. What a neat experience.

Patrice said...

Oh, that is so wonderful. I wish we could have been in two places at once. Congrats, Roper!

Jessica said...

LORI!!! I need your email address. I just tried to send you an evite to the SWAP party and it came back...also do you have Marlo's email? You can email it to me at jlbrooks4@yahoo.com

THANKS!!