Saturday, June 6, 2009

More baseball...update on Cole

time for more baseball...
Conner made the Queen Creek 9-10 year old All-Star team! This means he plays baseball all of June and possible a good part of July. He has practice every night Mon - Fri. and games will start June 13. We are excited for him and happy that his same coaches Larry Alaya and Chad LeSueur get to coach him. He loves baseball and can't seem to get enough. One thing Conner is excited about is his really good friend Jordan Jacob is on his team.

The only bad thing is Conner, Cole and I had to stay home from the Morris Family reunion. Sacrifices!

Cole doesn't sleep well, so I sent Erik with the girls and said, "Have FUN!"
Life right now seems so busy trying to make decisions with Cole. Helping a Behavior Analyst write goals/objectives for him. We have interviewed some therapist and hope to get them trained so they can help with Cole. Moved to a new center L.I.F.E. for O.T (Occupational therapy) it is much closer. As of right now Cole receives O.T. and speech once a week, will start the SARRC Jump start program this week 2 days a week and have therapist at least 3 days. I am trying to juggle Cole and the other 3 kids (Conner and Carly start basketball camp this week and Lindsey leaves for Girls Camp Thursday). I think the hardest thing for me is preparing to have people in my home almost on a daily basis and trying to help Cole with behaviors we are starting to see as the therapist begin to push him to his limits! I know we will get through it...the Lord is always by my side.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

We love you and know you will make it! Hang in there! We are here if you need ANYTHING. Congratulations Conner!

Larissa said...

Yeah Conner! What a fun summer it will be for him...doing what he loves. Cole is such an angel. I know this has been difficult for you but of course, like usual you are ahead and on top of everything. Cole couldn't have a better mother to help him through this.

Marilyn said...

Hang in there! We love you!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

CONGRATS Conner! What a player!

Hang in there with Cole man. You are awesome and truly an example to us all!

Patrice said...

I am so glad there is help and that you aren't doing this all alone! Heavenly Father has a way of really increasing our testimonies! If we are around, I am always willing to help.

Wendy said...

Lori,
Did you see this in The Friend? So sweet.

"{My Brother Is My Best Friend}"
"My big brother has autism. It is hard for him to talk and make friends, but he is my very best friend. I take care of him when we ride the bus to school, and I make sure he doesn't get lost when we are away from home. I help him find his class in Primary and pray for him every night."
"I have faith that one day he will be able to tell me what he has been thinking all this time. He will smile and tell me I am his best friend too. I am so lucky to be his big brother. I love him."
Boston B., age 8, Texas