Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Roping in Pima...heading up Mt. Graham

Charlie Howard (Lana's husband) and Cole
Friday, July 17 we went to Pima. Lucky for us it was the Alders night to do their roping. We got to go watch and ride a few horses. As I was grabbing Cole off this horse the horse moved and stepped on my foot (I was wearing sandals-newer sandals). I can say it hurt and I now need to buy new black sandals.
Cole and Carly watching the calves.
Lana and Charlie Howard (Lana is my cousin - they live in Claysprings, Arizona)
Saturday we got up and headed for the mountains. Stopped at the creek to let the kids play before reaching the cabin.
Immediately shoes came off and feet got wet!Roper, Carly, Justin, and Rowdy
The weather was gorgeous and the company fun!
It was so green. The kids found lots of rocks to throw into the water and sticks to carry.
Olivia Knapp and Lindsey
I am so glad Lindsey brought Olivia. They had a great time together and were big helpers with Cole!
Jodi and Joyce Alder - two of my favorite people (cousin and aunt)
Carly enjoying the creek.
So fun to have cousins to play with.
We were there a few minutes when Lana sat in some gum. My heck we are in the mts. and she sits in GUM! She leans against the tree and her bottom sticks to it....ha ha ha!
Marley is in hog heaven. He ran around and loved exploring.
Me, Lana, Jodi, Aunt Joyce
We are all teachers, I'm the only one not teaching at a school.
Lana is attempting 2nd grade this year (last year she taught 6th grade), Jodi teaches High School biology and anatomy and Aunt Joyce is teaching 6th grade English for the first time (she has always taught Jr. High English)
Marley thought he'd try out the water...or was he pushed in the water?

10 comments:

kristie said...

No fair. I want to go enjoy the mountains. I'm glad you got to be with Lana's crew and Joyce and Jodi.

Larissa said...

Looks like it was a blast. I am glad you got to get away and be with people you love. Hopefully we can go next time!

Rydgd said...

What a fun trip! I love Mt. Grahm...that's where we used to have all of our reunions. Did you see the temple? It's right by my Granny's house - it's being built on what used to be my grandparents cotten fields. And I lOve your new pup! Maddie would be SO jealous!

Patrice said...

At least the shoes came off before the kids splashed in the water. That looks like a lot of fun!

Lisa said...

Looks like soooo much fun. Wish I could've gone.

linda crandall said...

Oh the mountains look so inviting! How fun :)

Allyson said...

Wow, what a fun group to hang out with. I bet you all had a great time! Looks like the kids enjoyed it all!

Kassi Jane said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

How fun! I'm so jealous. Nothing like spending time on Mt. Graham with Jodi and Aunt Joyce.

csrussell said...

i wish i was ale to go i love spending time with you guys i was so jealous