Saturday, September 5, 2009

A blonde moment...

I got an invitation to my dear friend, Leslie Hodgson's wedding reception. I have been so excited to go and see her and all my old Ray 1st ward friends. Yesterday was a crazy busy day, but everything went pretty smoothly. I was pretty tired and thought I don't want to drive 45 minutes to an hour to get to the reception, but I really want to go. So lucky for me Erik was home from work (due to his arm injury) and I could leave the kiddos and go. Lindsey decided to go with me. We got in our skirts and headed off around 7:15 after picking Conner up from a primary party. Get to where we thought the reception was and there was another reception going on there (no we didn't go in, but the car decorated outside was for two people we didn't know). Okay know that I have the invitation with me, but we call Erik and say this is the address and we can't find it. As I am reading him the address from the invitation I look at the DATE, September 5. Okay yesterday was September 4! Yay, get it we were a day EARLY! I was so angry, but Lindsey and I had to laugh! BLONDE moment...oh well we wasted some gas, but went shopping at Target (bought a new lamp I needed for my bedroom) and treated ourselves to Bahama Bucks since we didn't get any wedding cake! Oh yeah and got some movies out of Redbox (entertainment for the weekend).

11 comments:

Rydgd said...

You are so funny! I'm embarrassed to say, I've been there done that.
How's Erik feeling? Poor guy. Give him our get well wishes! How's the blog book coming along??

Larissa said...

That is so funny! Oh well, at least you got 2 nights out???? :)

linda crandall said...

Too Funny! But fun for you and Lindsey :)

kristie said...

Hey, that's not a blonde moment. To me you were just smart enough to find a way to get out and have a little fun.

jen said...

Hahaha...I think we all have moments like these. Good one on one time with Lindsay though! :)

Kassi Jane said...

o man iv had some moments like that so dont feel bad! thats so funny though

Allyson said...

Silly girl! We all have our moments, some of them are more blonde than others.!!!

Jules said...

Better a day early then a day late.So did you come on Saturday? We were there for the wedding and dinner and left the reception by about 7:30. I probably missed you, I would have loved to see you.

Allyson said...

Hi-- We are at Makudo's island (Ray and Rural)....if you sign up for their club, you get one free day, a free shirt and free socks. It is amazing. My kids love it. Lots of slides, lots of climbing.

Mary Ann said...

That is fun that you and Lindsay still enjoyed yourselves! I miss you and wish I could go out with you.. It's been awhile! HOpe you are all doing well. Love ya

Patrice said...

Oh, I know Leslie! We were in the temple recently . . . before the engagement. So, I am glad for her that she married a great guy!

At least you got some bonding time with Lindsay!