Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ward split & lots of changes

Our ward was split and reorganized two Sunday's ago and we are in the Orchard Ranch ward. I am so excited I just found out I get to stay in my calling, Visiting Teaching Coordinator! I am so happy. Lucy Kartchner is the R.S. Pres. and I am so excited to work with her. We are now busy reorganizing visiting teaching so we can hand out the new companionship's for Sunday. I love being busy involved in a good cause. I love VISITING TEACHING!
Visiting teaching is much more than a visit or sharing a thought with a sister. It is how we connect with one another. We share hearts and souls and extend charity, which is "the highest, noblest, strongest kind of love" (Bible Dictionary, "Charity," 632). Visiting teaching brings the love of the Lord to every home and to every sister. It is a sacred trust we have been given.

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Well PUT!! That is a super busy calling. But your a super person! We will be having changes in a couple months....I can't wait, I am ready for a change.

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

You of course are jumping right in and doing a great job!

kristie said...

Hey, my ward was just split, and I am staying in as the VT cordinator. We're twins!!

Marilyn said...

Will you be my VT coordinator??? Pleeeease????

Patrice said...

I have a huge testimony of visiting teaching, too. Many of my best friends came out of diligently visiting each month.

Rydgd said...

Amen, sista! I loved being vt coordinator - you get to know everyone in the ward. It's truly an inspired program.
And Congrats, Carli! That is so awesome. You have such great kids!

Ann said...

I went to school with Lucy Kartchner. She is such a go getter! This is such a small world!