Monday, March 9, 2009

London's Run

Our family had the opportunity to help out with London's Run this year. We loved it. A little over 3 years ago our dear friends Warren and Heather Solomon lost their little girl, London, to cancer. This run was organized to help pay for their medical bills. The Solomon's have continued to hold the run each year to sponsor kiddos in the Queen Creek community fighting cancer to help with their needs. It is an amazing event. It is held at Schnepf Farms and the people that come out are so neat. It is a huge community event where they even have started a London's Ride (a horse ride). A place where people are happy all working together for a good cause. I joined the committee and was asked to handle the awards/plagues.



My family rallied around me and came to help out too. Thanks Erik, Lindsey, Carly, Conner, Larissa, Oma, Papa and Logan.



Conner ran the fun run - 2 miles. Great job buddy!


Summer Edwards and Lindsey great friends!


Carly, Erik and Conner your help was great!


Aunt Heather and her friend Erin came and ran the 10K, way to go! Lance and Joe brought the kiddos to cheer them on!


Thanks everyone for supporting me and all your wonderful help!

6 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even run a mile...I so need to get busy! I am so impressed with your sweet family! They are so supportive, it is so neat to see!
YES--You are #3, glad you want to play! This will be fun, I already have my thinking cap on!

Lisa said...

Such a great thing to be a part of! I am glad it all went well, I know it was a ton of work, you did a great job!!!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

You are the woman!!!!
I'm glad so many support such a great cause!

linda crandall said...

What an Awesome event!! It's great your family helps and participates :)

Larissa said...

It is such a fun environment and experience!!

Patrice said...

That is such a neat thing to be teaching your kiddos. Great job!