Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lindsey - "A Child's Prayer"

Lindsey and her friend Jasmine Hanna put together a musical number to "A Child's Prayer" to perform in Sacrament Meeting. Lindsey on the piano and Jasmine on her flute. I am so proud of them, at age 13 I am not sure I would have the guts to play in front of that many people. They did a wonderful job! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Morris and the Lopez's for coming to support her.I love how far Lindsey has come on the piano. She can play lots of songs out of the Primary Song Book, Hymn book, and is currently working on some of Jenny Phillips songs and Phantom of the Opera songs. I love to hear her play. I think she finally enjoys practicing her piano songs and truthfully some days she just goes in and plays, YEAH!

8 comments:

Patrice said...

How super wonderful. I am so glad when my kids get to the point that I enjoy listening to them!

Lisa said...

Awesome Lindsey! I wish I could have been there! I am so proud of you for working so hard to develope your talent!

Rydgd said...

That is SO SO great! I had no idea she played...and how brave to play in Sacrament Meeting! I'm really impressed! Wish I could have heard the performance.

Wendy said...

They did Awesome! Sounded absolutely perfect. We were in the very back and we could hear it great. I am impressed! Way to go Lindsay and Jazzy!

Marilyn said...

That's great. I love it when they get to the point that we actually look forward to practice time-it's so enjoyable to listen to them. Alyssa is very talented but so busy and doesn't practice as much as she should!

Allyson said...

I pray my children will love the piano...Daddy really wants them to play! She is such a cute girl. Good luck on the SM song!

linda crandall said...

Awesome! I'm sure she is really good :)

I'm jealous...you get to listen to the piano instead of the drums:) Shane is good, but wow my head!!

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

GO LINDSEY! I'm so proud of you for hanging in there! You will be soooo happy you did!