Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Daddy Daughter...Uncle Lance

Tonight for Young Women's was date night with your Dad. Erik had planned on taking the night off, so he could go with Lindsey. Well after having to take off 2 nights last week because of Carly's broken arm surgery he couldn't get the night off. Both he and Lindsey were TOTALLY bummed. Lindsey said, "I just won't go without Dad!" I was sad for both of them.
After school as Lindsey was getting on the bus she called and said, "I will go if Uncle Lance will be my date. Mom will you please call him?" I guess her sweet friend Ally Larson at school told her she had to come, that it was going to be lots of fun! (We have an amazing YW and YM's program. Lots of GREAT youth!)
I was worried to call Lance at such short notice. He was so CUTE though and said "he would love to go!" He is such an awesome uncle and brother!
I guess one of the games they played tonight was the one where the Dad's (men) go behind a sheet and have only their feet/legs showing. Lance was the youngest man there by far and Lindsey chooses the oldest man's feet/legs (a girls GRANDFATHER) thinking it was Lance's, I am laughing writing this! Lance couldn't believe it, he said his feet/legs were in the best shape by far, how could Lindsey have missed them?! You can hear him saying that, can't you?
They had a GREAT time! Uncle Lance even treated Lindsey to a SONIC drink afterwards! Thank you so much Uncle Lance!

Just found the papers they used to interview each other:
Lance's Favorites - Lindsey's Favorites
COLOR: blue- purple
FOOD: Mexican- pizza
Day of the WEEK: Saturday- Saturday
Primary SONG: Do As I 'm Doing- I am a Child of God/Child's Prayer
ANIMAL: Dog/horse- Dog
ACTIVITY/Hobby: Basketball - Volleyball

8 comments:

Allyson said...

That is so awesome! That would be a great game to play at the next family reunion. Then we can be the judge of Lance's legs. What a great guy.

linda crandall said...

Awesome!!! And yes I was laughing reading this one! Lance is sooo great!!

Kassi Jane said...

what a good brother! that is so funny about the feet though!

Lisa said...

Too cute! I can't wait to tease Lance about his old man feet!! What sweet brothers we have!

Marilyn said...

What a sweetheart he is! And I am LOL as I am reading about the legs!

Marilyn said...

P.S. We need a Carly update. How is she doing? And we need a LaSchelle update too!

Patrice said...

I am so glad Lance could step in. He needs a little practice raising daughters, eh?

I agree with Ally -- we need to see Lance's legs. Are we having a Labor Day party?

The McCall Family said...

How fun! Love Lance! How did we get blessed with such a great family? I miss everyone!
Glad Lindsey got to go it sounds like a great night.
Schelle