Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lindsey's FIRST fireside

Is it possible, Lindsey is old enough to go to YOUTH firesides?
Tonight our stake had a Youth Recognitions fireside for all youth 12-18 and their parents.
I love it when Erik and I get to be together with our children one on one. It was fun to be with Lindsey and share with her this spiritual night. The speakers were great. The youth conducted the whole mtg. including the music. I love when the youth has this opportunity to develop these leadership skills.
It was also fun afterwards to mingle and meet Lindsey's friends from school. She is such a good girl and is excited about being a teenager and getting to be able to go to youth activities.
Thanks to Uncle Logan and Oma for coming over and hanging out with Conner, Cole, and Carly. Bedtime was 8pm, when we walked in the door at 8:50 Conner was still awake
( Oma & Uncle Logan are softies!). The Olympics were on and they were enjoying them.

2 comments:

linda crandall said...

It is a wonderful thing to see our children grow up...but it's just a LITTLE hard! I think I had a harder time with Ashley turning 12 than I did Shane...and now she is going to the Jr High...Yikes!

Allyson said...

Yes, it is fun to see your children make the right choices. I worry so much about that. Lindsey seems to be a wonderful teenager, got any secrets of success you want to share with me???