Saturday, October 11, 2008

Computer crashed...



I am going to try hard to hold it together as I post this! Our computer crashed this week and we lost everything! Dumb us hadn't backed up our pictures since JUNE. Lost all summer pictures! Lost all of our word documents (all my scout files, journal entries, journal book I had made, London's run stuff, etc...) I think you get the picture. Even lost all email addresses and items sent to us! Can you say I CRIED!


On the positive end this BLOG saved me as far as pictures. At least I could go back and re-save all the pictures off my blog a tender mercy!


Needless to say, we will be setting up a new system, so this never happens again! I am glad Erik was able to get the computer up and running again, so I can BLOG!

5 comments:

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

Oh man. What a nightmare. I just started to send all my stuff to costco just in case. They make cd's for $2.99. So sorry---you haven't had the best couple of days.

Wendy said...

I have heard of an online system you can use too but can't think of the name right now. KFYI advertizes for it all the time. I know it doesn't help you now though. If I find any photos of your kids in my files I will forward them on to you.

Kassi Jane said...

o that sucks! I am sorry I hate that....

Allyson said...

We had that happen to some friends too! Justin went out and got something to save all our stuff on, just in case....glad you still have the blog stuff, but I know how precious pictures are...glad your back!

linda crandall said...

Oh I am sooo sorry! Computers are awesome, but they are our lives and when they don't work it is pure terror!!!

I'm glad you were able to recover some pics...and glad your back blog'n:)