Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin carving time!

Sunday night, Oct. 26
It is that time of year again...pumpkin carving.
How we do this is...
1. the kiddos draw out what they want.
2. Erik and I help clean out their pumpkins.
3. either they or Erik draws their design with a marker on the pumpkin.
4. the kiddos insist that Erik carves their pumpkins.
5. Lindsey did do all of hers this year (an ASU pumpkin).
6. kiddos love what dad has done.
6. mom takes lots of pictures.
7. place outside on the bench and light the candle.
8. fun fun!
Not the funnest part for Lindsey.
Carly likes to help clean out the pumpkins.

Dad working his magic. This year I forgot to buy the carving tools. So, we did very simple faces!

Silly Conner - you are too skinny to be a pumpkin!

Carly helping collect the seeds for us to cook.


Two cute faces! My favorite is the one on the left!

Oops a little blurry, Conner is a sport fanatic, one of his favorite teams BYU!

You ask where was Cole? He was taking a bath racing his cars. He had been outside early jumping on the trampoline and smelt like a piggy!
I love nights like these!

7 comments:

Allyson said...

He He--its amazing how those little boys can work up a sweat and turn into piggies! Looks so fun. Love all the pumpkins, except I didn't see the final ASU one, did I miss it!

Patrice said...

Makes me smile. I love Halloween!

Lisa said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!! Looks like everyone had a blast. I love the cute designs.

Rydgd said...

YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED! Come to my blog to get your treat!

LOVE the pumpkins! Spencer is the carver in our family as well. I got out of that in the very beginning! Erik did good! They turned out so cute!

Larissa said...

That was a good idea to carve pumpkins on Sunday. Conner--!!Sports, sports,sports! That cracks me up!

Joyce A said...

I hadn't read your blog for a long time. I get tired sitting at the computer and I don't last long! Poor little Cole!! What a time you have had. The pumpkin carving looks fun. A neat tradition. I sure love you and your family. We missed you and especially the girls at the ropin'. They had helped so much at the concession. Our next one is November 15th and then Dec. 13 if you want to come.

Mary Ann said...

your kids are growing way too fast! lindsay looks so old! you have an artistic family! everyone's pumpkins turned out so cute