Friday, October 10, 2008

Slicing veggies and oops my THUMB!

I can't believe it, this is something that would happen to Erik (he is always getting hurt), I sliced off the tip of my right thumb. Yes, all the way off! You can actually see the tenden.

I was helping cut up some veggies for a wedding reception and using a slicer for the first time (and did I say last time) when the cucumber I was slicing slipped and I sliced off the tip of my thumb. Never quite injured myself this way. I'll tell you the thumb bleeds a lot! They hurried and gave me some motrin (oops that is a blood thinner- I should have taken tylenol) to help with the pain.

The ladies (Moe Edwards/Heather Solomon) I was with called a trama ER nurse from our ward and she said since the tip of the thumb was not attached any more and the location there wasn't anything a dr. could do. It would just need to heal on it's own.

So, a dear lady in our ward (Michelle Solomon) who has some natural oils jumped at the chance to help me. She put some Geranium oil to stop the bleeding and help a scab get started. What a sweetie (she has called already to check on me!) Cute Heather S. has also called to make sure I was okay and the Edwards brought me a Sonic "vanilla coke" I am so blessed to have awesome friends. Thanks for checking on me ladies!

Darn I guess no major cleaning this weekend - I will just have to take it easy!

11 comments:

Rydgd said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Are you okay??? I can't believe you had the presence of mind to take a photo and blog! You're my hero! Take it easy, girl!

linda crandall said...

That's right milk it for all you can! I hope your ok...I cant believe you thought about taking a pic for the blog! You are a true blogger :)

csrussell said...

Oh Lori it looks aweful. I hope it heals good for you. we love you.

Jessica said...

OUCH! I never cut myself that bad, even in Culinary school (knock on wood). Hope it heals soon!

Lisa said...

OH my heck! I had no idea!! I hope it heals fast! It looks and sounds soooo painful!

Wendy said...

Owe!Owe! Owe! Yikes! No more hitch hiking for you.

Kassi Jane said...

o man that sucks.... yeah I dont know what you will do about cleaning....

Patrice said...

I can't believe you took a picture!!! I'm so sorry that happened . . . at least you get a cleaning break.

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

O.k. so maybe I won't become a nurse---I pretty much cringed. i think it's mostly that it was you that was hurt. :-(
Hope you are better.

Marilyn said...

Oh-that looks ugly! I guess if your computer crashed you lost the picture of us girls at Ladies Night! And I know Heather Solomon-she is a sweetie-She used to live in my neighborhood-in fact she taught some of my kids how to swim! Tell her I said hi-if she remembers me!

Allyson said...

oh man! So sorry! Hope you are feeling a bit better...glad some friends are taking good care of you!