Wednesday, October 1, 2008

51 miles...one way

When I look at this picture I think of a tender mercy.

Thank heavens Erik had a flat at home and not on the road.

He travels 51 miles one way to work.

Glad he was safe and home where it was easy to change.

A darn screw! Luckily an easy fix!


We on the other hand spent our day being lazy. It was a Blockbuster day. We rented movies (Curious George - was Cole's choice of DVD's), Conner opted for a baseball X-ball game, Carly choose 2 that everyone would like and I picked up a few (Penelope - Lindsey's choice). It wouldn't be a lazy day without Aunt LaSchelle's famous chex mix we made this afternoon.

I love days like today, easy and fun!




6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a blessing for Erik!! What a fun day for you and the kiddo's. I can't wait til next week so I can have a few "lazy" days! :)

Allyson said...

I loved Penelope, such a cute movie. I love lazy days too. Sorry to hear about the tire, those darn screws!

Patrice said...

Great perspective. Heavenly Father really does know us and protects us!

linda crandall said...

Yes that is a blessing and what a fun day for your kids :)

Kassi Jane said...

i love lazy days!!!!!!!

Mary Ann said...

That could have been scary! So glad everyone is ok! You are the most amazing mom.. I am always wanting to be better after reading your blog!! I love to catch up on your cute family!