Monday, September 8, 2008

My big SISTER is one year OLDER!

My big sister LaSchelle turned 38 today!
We were the BEST of friends. I loved having her so close in age to play with all the time.
We always shared a room. She did a great job at decorating our room with posters. We would stay up way into the night laughing, talking, tickling, fighting (who took up more of the bed or pulled more of the covers), playing and telling secrets. I loved sharing clothes even though sometimes we didn't want the other to wear something we had just bought!

Poor LaSchelle I followed her everywhere. Here we were at our young women leaders house swimming and laying out. I always wanted to be where she was. Her friends were always so nice to me and I thought she was SO cool!
This is her senior prom with Kurt. Oh how she loved him. He reminded us of Kevin Bacon (from Footloose). He was the best thing that ever happened to her. They were a great together. He was so patient with ALL her little brothers and sisters. I remember how SAD she was when he left on his mission.

Luckily things worked out and they got married in the Mesa Arizona Temple. I still remember the RED dress I wore for their reception.

I love LaSchelle! She has always been a great example to me. She has been an amazing friend and sister. I love all the girls nights we've had, the long phone calls sharing the ups and downs of life, her watching Lindsey when I had to work teaching, sharing decorating ideas, my trips to Texas to visit, hanging out and her just being there when I needed her. I hate having her live so far away, but am glad we still get to talk all the time on the phone and treasure the times she and her family come to visit! I hope you have a great birthday and want to thank you for always letting me tag along! Love you lots!





9 comments:

linda crandall said...

Happy Birthday LaSchelle! What a great tribute to your sister. I agree she is an awesome person!!

I also LOVE the hair in the older pics...I have some like that too...what were we thinking?

Allyson said...

Wow, those pictures tell a story!

It is a true crime that you had to clarify who Kevin Bacon is. Ohhhh he was so dreamy! And what a dancer!!! How funny that he totally looks like Kevin Bacon.

Happy B-day to the lovely LaSchelle. Hopefully she will find her way back to AZ so you all can see each other more often. How fun to be so close to all your siblings.

kristie said...

Happy Birthday LaSchelle. Hey, at least Utah is closer than Texas. And an added bouns, we might get to see your family when you come to visit.

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday LaSchelle! And I am busting a gut laughing at the old photos-love those 80s hair dos!

Kassi Jane said...

dont you just love sisters! tell her happy birthday

Mary Ann said...

what a sweet post.. and sweet sister! you have always been a good example about being close to your family! love all the pictures! carly is a sweety and such a trooper.. hope friday goes well for you

Amy said...

I LOVE the post. And the funny thing is the Prom picture is how I remember LaShelle. The time just flies huh!! Happy Birthday!! I love that you all are so close. xoxo-Amy

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

Oh my HECK!!!!! Did ya have to stick in the pictures????? I must have been outta my mind to do my hair like that!I guess all the nice stuff you said about me makes up for it though! Love ya!

Rydgd said...

That was such an amazing tribute to your sister! So glad you are SO SO close! There's no greater treasure!