Sunday, September 28, 2008

My city girls go to the country!

Lindsey and Carly left Saturday morning with Jodi to go to Pima. The Alders have built a roping arena and once a month hold a competition. I was suppose to go, but still don't feel 100% and thought the dirt and dust wouldn't be the best for me right now.




They had a blast! I guess they got to ride horses, see the new liter of St. Bernard puppies, help run the concessions and hang out!




Carly told me they had 3 momma dogs and one daddy dog. There were 4 new 3 week old puppies. She said, "Mom there were 3 momma dogs and I didn't know where the 4th momma was?" I guess you can tell our kiddos haven't been around a lot of baby animals. Lindsey had to teach her about animals and how they have liter's (more than one baby). One of those life lessons you forget or think your kids know.




Lindsey said one of her customers at the concessions was this boy. He just stood there, finally she said, "can I help you?" Then he just stood there. Finally she listed the items they had, "hamburger, hotdog, nachos, soda, candy." Finally he said, "I will have nachos, soda, and chips." She asked him what kind of "soda"? He asked her, "what is your favorite kind?" and she replied, "WATER". He said he'd take a "SPRITE". Gotta love those pima cowboys (teenagers)! Oh , is she really getting that age where boys like girls and girls like boys?
We told her she was the new girl in town! I think my grey hair has began to grow!


Carly said Jodi honked her horn the whole way through the tunnel. Lindsey said they took turns listening to each other's I-pods in the car. They had a great time. Jodi, thanks so much for taking the girls you are such a fun person! Love to hear Lindsey took good care of Carly (Carly's first time to be away from us over night/out of town) - she is such a good big sister!


Glad they are home!




Our fall break is here - NO school for two weeks!!


9 comments:

The Miner Family said...

I was at the same rope-in this weekend. My mom came up also so we went and saw my brother rope there. But I didn't go to the concession stand Darn-it. That would of been fun to see your girls. next time you come up stop by. It would be fun to see you guys

Rydgd said...

Wow!! That was a lot of updates! So glad you are feeling better. Pima...yea! A place close to my heart! Your family looks great and y'all have WAY too much fun!

linda crandall said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! Jodi is so much fun :)

I'm with you with the boy thing...Hang in there :)

Kassi Jane said...

how fun. Lana went down there too!

Lisa said...

I am glad they had a great time!!! Sounds like lots of fun!

Allyson said...

2 WEEKS ???? wow! Sorry to hear that your under the weather....hope you feel better soon.

Gotta love that Aunt Jodi, shes the best. Sounds like the girls had a great time.

csrussell said...

We missed you Lori, I hope you are feeling better, Your girls are so cute. it was a good time. hope you can come next month. 2 weeks have any fun plans?

Patrice said...

So, are you happy or sad that there is no school for 2 weeks? We may head down and camp on Mt. Graham for our October break (2 1/2 days).

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

I'm jealous about the trip to Pima! I miss riding horses so bad!
Also sad to miss the girls night out! Thought about you guys that night! Miss ya----glad everyone is feeling better.