Friday, September 12, 2008

WARNING: Viewer Discretion Is Advised!

This post may contain graphic images of steel pins and tears.Step #1: Excited and happy to get cast and pins removed.Step #2: Cutting off PINK "sparkly" cast.Step #3: Removing cast Step #4: Took top part of cast off...waiting for surgeons assistant.
Nurse asks, "Carly do you want to keep your cast?"
Carly quickly replies, "NO!"
Nurse, "oh you want nothing to remind you this ever happened!"

Step #5: Bottom part of cast removed along with wrappings.

When Carly saw her pins for the first time she said, "LEAVE them in!"

Step #6: Turning Carly's head away from the procedure and putting my head up to hers to block the removal of pins.
Step #7: Tears shed...pins removed.
Step #8: All done...let's get out of here.
Step #9: Thanking the kind nurse and surgeon assistant.

They say, "GREAT job Carly, see you in 3 weeks!"

Step #10: Home, showing Dad the 3 pin holes.

No baths or soaking in hot water for 3-5 days. If any GREEN stuff comes out of pin holes call IMMEDIATELY! Step #11: The 3 pins that fixed Carly's cute little arm.

Everything went GREAT today! Carly freaked out when she saw the yellow cleaning solution on her arm, so we came home and took a shower and cleaned her arm up.

We are very grateful for modern technology and the skilled professions (and did I mention excellent INSURANCE?)!

Thank you Oma for watching Cole and for lunch!




7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh, I am shuddering as I read this! I have typed this many many many times for dictation but have never witnessed the real thing. Did Carly get a treat afterwards????

LaSchelle and Kurt said...

Wow! Ouch! What a little trooper! We are glad it is over for her! Give her a hug from the Romney's.

Patrice said...

I am so needle averse that I almost didn't finish reading! She is so very brave!

Lisa said...

Wow! What a brave little sweetie! I am sooo proud of her. It is amazing the things Doctors can do.

linda crandall said...

Wow! She is brave...I was having a hard time just reading it! I am glad the worst is over :)

Allyson said...

I can't believe the human cruelty! They actually took those pins out with her awake, I would have asked to be put under! :-)

What a brave girl. I think its so funny that she didn't want her cast. I guess when you have something that is heavy, irritating, and with you 24/7 you don't need to keep it!

I am thankful for all those things too, how lucky we are to live in this great nation!

Mary Ann said...

ew!! So glad all went well.. that is a lot for a sweet girl to go through!