Sunday, September 28, 2008

Saturday, September 20 - temple, swimming, teen elect

Temple...Got up super early for a Saturday and went to the temple. I love the temple. I love the peaceful feeling I have when I am there. I love the sweet patrons that work there, who always make you feel special.
I love to be there and am grateful for the example my parents have always set of going to the temple often. I remember as a kid them getting in their Sunday best and grabbing their temple bags and off they would go. They did this a lot. When my dad was the Bishop his focus was the temple. He truly loves the temple and has a testimony of temple work. Made a quick stop to the bookstore and bought this book I have been eyeing. I love Hilary Weeks. Simple, easy read and motivational book (finished it way to quick)!
Swimming...Conner went to the Edwards to play, so after nap time we went swimming. Let me rephrase that Cole and Carly went swimming (water too cold), I read!
Carly's first time to swim since her broken arm - she was so happy!
Teen Elect....Lindsey loves being in Young Women's. They are always doing fun things. Today they learned proper etiquette, eating etiquette and how to appropriately dance with a boy. How it takes a lot of guts for a boy to ask you to dance "never" turn a boy down. Of course she had a blast, it was a stake event with lots of youth (boys)! I am so appreciate to the leaders who serve so diligently.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a great day! You got a lot accomplished!