Friday, September 19, 2008

Really MOM...

Wednesday night I told Carly to get into the bath tub!
She said, "really mom I can take a bath?
Can I get my arm wet and put my whole body under the water?"
"YEP, I replied hallelujah!"
While Carly had her cast on, taking a bath was a bit of a challenge. Her arm had to rest on top of the tub. Once her cast came off, for at least 5-7 days she could only take a shower.
She was so happy to be independent again at bath time. She was in our master bath and she just laid there under water relaxing and enjoying life!
You know that is a simple pleasure we take for granted.
I know I took for granted Carly's independence. So glad she can bath herself, dress herself and be independent.
"Really Mom..." happy Carly's arm is healing great!

5 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

well i hope she enjoyed her bath!

Allyson said...

Yes, we often take for granted the small, most wonderful things in life. So glad to hear that her arm is doing well.

Marilyn said...

How cute! I love the photo of the bathtub & duckie. Very creative to illustrate your post.

linda crandall said...

Yeah...and mom gets back some of her independance too :)

Patrice said...

We love simple pleasures. When I have my legs worked on, I can't soak in the tub for a week. It feels like forever when you can't do it. We are so super spoiled!