Saturday, May 3, 2008

Serving in Cub Scouts

Two years ago April I received my first call into Cub Scouts. I was SO suprised! Connner wasn't even in scouts yet. I was asked to help in Webelos (10 year old boys). It was a great opportunity for me. The first month of serving I realized Conner was normal. Conner being our first boy I didn't know if his behavior was normal or not. I now know he is totally normal. These young boys & my partner, Cherie Lane, have taught me to role with the punches and to relax a little more. Most importantly to love the boys for who they are and to do my best to teach them gospel principles. Cherie has moved and I have received a new call - Cub Committee Chairman. I went to roundtable Thursday night and the last 30 minutes we break out into stakes. The Stake Primary counselor over cubs had us share our testimonies of cub scouting. There was about 10 of us in the room. It was an amazing experience! The spirit was so strong. To hear peoples experiences and how these young boys and this program has touched their lives. I was a little nervous of what I wanted to share. I ended up sharing how scouts has helped me be a better mom with my boys. Realizing they are normal and they think and do things differently than I do, but it is okay. I love serving the Lord. I feel really blessed right now I get to serve in cub scouts with Conner and in Young Women's with Lindsey as camp director!

2 comments:

linda crandall said...

I would have to say that cub scouts was my favorite calling! I miss it. I was a den leader and thent the committee chair.

Now I am in the Stake Primary Presidency and I am over scouting!

Love it!

Marilyn said...

You are such a good example! I am over scouts in primary and it always is such a hassle---thanks for the good reminders.